Hello... I'm Kelechi Ngaka a computer scientist who makes things (code/food/designs), and welcome to my awesome blog powered by Blogger

Mind Messenger - S.I.W.E.S Project

+



Last-week, we defended our S.I.W.E.S projects and it went well for most of us. Different applications were trending from Web, Desktop to even Mobile Application Software. As lazy as a toad, I developed a Local Area Network Messaging System.





Mind Messenger is a simple local area network messaging desktop application for Windows OS users. It was written using C# and my funky database schema was XML. The name of the application was coined from the organisation I did my Industrial Training.

I'm kinda lazy to start writing about the application, so I embedded the application interfaces. The application report, source code and setups cannot be publicly distributed or shared for some reasons :)

It sounds like a big project but it's just a LAN Messenger i.e Instant Messaging without the Internet.



Application Interfaces via Picasa





  Wrap Up

A merit of this project is that users can send messages and transfer files to selected recipients on the network without the use of Internet connection and only people inside the firewall will have access to the system. 

More also a cost effective solution for users to successfully transfer large files saving you time uploading and downloading from a server using Internet.