Hello... I'm Kelechi Ngaka a computer scientist who makes things (code/food/designs), and welcome to my awesome blog powered by Blogger

8 Crappy things I did during SIWES

+

Countdown to the end of my I.T after 6 months SIWES (Working my ass off). I've been unavailable for a while because to balance work, private practice, social presence and blogging ain't easy so I had to stick to one = WORK.

In this post I present an unordered list of some stuff I engaged in during this period. These are things you won't see in my log-book and I feel you should try them. They ain't complex but simple things you should play around with. **



This is as far as I can remember...

1. Virtual Dj

I really don't know how to explain how I got addicted to this software. As a coder and lover of good music (all genre except country), a friend taught me the basics from which I started learning more and becoming my own dj. Mixing madt tracks, recording, bigger headsets (cordless & cord-full lol), party tracks and music directory organization.

~ I'm not really that good, but with time I might be the next Jimmy Jatt, Exclusive, Drama or Khaled



2. HTML5  & Responsive Websites

With this you don't need to build mobile versions of sites, the css adjusts the website to suite any device (mobile, tablet or pc). Surf online about htmll5 and responsive sites to get you started. Build robust, responsive and sleek websites. *Web Design Cheat*

~ Code websites like a BOSS
.


3. Twitter Dev.

After increasing my twitter activity courtesy roomies  cc @heraclesAyo @sauceyorykane @chriseny @beembolar ... The non-Geek in the block was asked to build a Twitter App that allows users post tweets via their username instead of 3rd party applications i.e iPad, Tweet Deck etc. Read More

~ Challenge ACCEPTED.


4. SEO and Website Optimization

What's the point building a website that can't be seen on the 1st page of Google's search result. Web apps you build should be readily fetched by search engines... Get to know Webmaster-tools, Analytics, understanding crawlers, sitemaps, image naming formats.>>> Making your websites visible by top search engines like google, bing, yahoo ...

~ I can't even remember if I've ever clicked the 2nd page of any Search Engine's Result


5. I Crashed My System

This was not due to excessive coding but was because I only wanted to collect 2GB new rap tracks on my drive. There was no space on my system. My disorganised documents made it hard for me to locate and delete large files, so i permanently deleted my E:/Windows folder (35 GB). I was jamming my music until suddenly all applications refused to start word, wamp, chrome, skype e.t.c..every installed application. I restarted my system and when it wass time to login >>>> "Blue Screen". My system became useless and this made me to switch back to C:/
Later I found I even had 11GB movies I could have deleted from E:/.

~ Don't be like us, we luv our systems disorganized- No Time To Arrange Files
 

6. Facebook ReapAd

A C# projects that reaps all Facebook usernames from pages, reconstructs their mail accounts and prints document in txt or csv, then  magic. A cost-effective free facebook advertising platform using a different approach. Its on hold for now *currently handling other projects that put money in my pocket*

~ It's an idea don't code it or else I could sue you for Idea Infringement


7. Web Hosting

This is the real deal in web application development, leaving localhost and going live (Online). Test applications on free servers online and step up your game like me. Buy some very expensive hosting plans to host your applications (PHP, ASP.NET e.t.c).

~More-also, before going live make sure you've tested locally cos : there is no place like "127.0.0.1"


8. Extra-Curricular Activities

M(o.o)vies, Cain, WolframAlpha, Series, SonyMAX, Private practice, HTML integration, Proxies, Wordpress, Trekking, project management, FIFA 12, Pes 13, bboy, body building, hand stands, memory enhancement drills, iq test, BRT, pedestrian bridges and Sleeping

~At this point I really don't feel like going back to classes. Final year should just Fast Forward >> to Convocation. *can't wait*


Like I said earlier, this is as far as I can remember. Hope you've grabbed one or more things that can add value to your existence. Expand your horizon in whatever field chosen. Don't be mad, be motivated and also remember to Work and Play Hard.  Peace