Hello... I'm Kelechi Ngaka a computer scientist who makes things (code/food/designs), and welcome to my awesome blog powered by Blogger

NACOSS University Of Lagos Online Voting System

+
In one of our courses csc307, students were asked to build a web application. Web applications are applications that are accessed over a network such as the Internet or an Intranet.

Firstly, we had to form a team or should I say a software group.  My team comprises of 4 guys, 1 girl and 1 funny dude (me).  Our team name was Dreamsoft and had to develop an e-voting system for NACOSS (National Association of Computer Science Students) University of Lagos.



Members had little idea of how to go about it especially when it came to programming aspect of the project. Since I had developed for Facebook using their app builder, even playing with plugins, iframes etc., so I had an intuition of how web apps work (even coding too). Your boy was the Lead programmer of the team and real work had to be done within 4 weeks.Despite the fact that I had to choose from a range of scripting languages ranging from ASP.net, PHP, Perl, Python, HTML etc., I consulted a computer geek who advised me as a starter to use JSP and HTML. Had to read lots of books and finally got my bearing, started implementing and we were able to build the voting system using Netbeans IDE , JSP and MySql. In the process of development, we encountered problems with database connections and following our methodology.


In addition thanks to Dimeji for handling our base for the numerous meetings and overnights. Abisoye for always being our senior analyst from start to finish, Dreamboi for the superb graphics to the voting system , Tolu and Patrick for handling documentations and thanks to me for geeking lol.


Lastly, web applications are interesting to build but time consuming, and remember that people who build web apps are human beings like you and me, so I challenge you to build a web application today cos its fun.