Hello... I'm Kelechi Ngaka a computer scientist who makes things (code/food/designs), and welcome to my awesome blog powered by Blogger

Flash

+
We must have seen it in websites. It can be an animation, a slideshow, a presentation, even games too. That's flash 

Flash manipulates vector and raster graphics to provide animation of text, drawings, and still images. It supports bidirectional streaming of audio and video, and it can capture user input via mouse, keyboard, microphone, and camera. Flash contains an object-oriented language called ActionScript and supports automation via the Javascript Flash language (JFSL).

I got a message from our ULSSA Boss Tayo to rapidly design a portal page for ULSSA. ULSSA stands for University of Lagos Science Students' Association. I wanted to design a mere page with pictures like other drag and drop pages, then it dawned on me to try a Flash web page {you can call it Oversabi}. Started searching for how to do a flash page and found few sites which blew my mind with their different styles. I downloaded templates and wanted to embed the flash on my ulssa portal page but there were conditions. The template was in html and came with no guide.

With my basic knowledge of html, it was easy to understand the codes and was able to do likewise using Visual Studio. At first the flash did not show after debugging, but we thank God it worked after further trials. I did two different pages to meet two different conditions for ULSSA. Just follow these links to download and view them.
This is the first time i'm attempting a flash design and I'm happy to say that I can do a flash site. You too can design a flash site today, this adds sleeker and stunning web designs to your websites. So I urge anyone interested especially aspiring web designers to know how to develop and integrate flash to sites.


How you can do your flash site
  • There is presently no generic method for doing flash sites. So I recommend for rapid developments and prototypes, instead of building a flash from scratch, it is easier, better and faster to build from a template. The truth is that if you can build from a template, you would be able to know how advanced flash works. 
  • A template contains a html file, a java script, some xml and other folders with various files  e.g Stylesheets, preloaders, images e.t.c.
  • The .xmls can be edited with a notepad. This helps you to specify which format, text, links e.t.c you want associated with the flash.
  • Basic html knowledge is needed in order to integrate the div and the address for the flash file(.swf). 
  • Lastly, some flash templates come with watermarks and to delete it is extremely impossible. Find your way around it, and don't tamper with the javascript. 
Flash is easy, Don't say I didn't tell you.....